Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR Events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-2013, 02:53 AM   #1
hi19hi19
lol happy
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: 8th Official FFR Tournament - Round 3!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
When it comes to one handed anchor jacks, I'd say "unnecessary" is being polite.

p.s. the right way to step the file is the one that isn't fucking obnoxious and makes me not want to play the file ever again so yeah it's unnecessary pce
Okay I'll elaborate on this before the inevitable "amg hi19 y u bein an jerk"

I'm not trying to make anyone mad, I'm saying it like it is.

I hate when I make a file and people are like, "well its a good file but it's kind of stiff in places"

What the fuck does that mean? Like oh boy, it's STIFF, I'll stretch before I sit down at the computer so not I'm not as STIFF next time I step a file?
And in the end nobody learned anything because you were trying to be all polite and beat around the bush and instead you didn't even manage to communicate at all what was actually wrong with the file.

I much prefer when people are direct, but acknowledge it's their own opinion. "I found this jack unnecessary." Perfect. I know who it is that feels that way, and exactly what they feel. None of this "stiff" bullshit. As long as you state it in such a way that shows you realize other people have different opinions (cough middie) then saying you flat out don't like something is fine. It helps the stepper learn, or at least understand the issues some people may have.

So yeah I feel that 1hand anchor jack was straight up unnecessary. It's the only one in the file, sticks out like a sore thumb, and doesn't flow with the song at all- there's no unique sound at that point so the fact the pattern is so different is really jarring.
Which is a shame because I like the JS and the jacks prior to that anchor are well-made.

Last edited by hi19hi19; 02-12-2013 at 02:58 AM..
hi19hi19 is offline   Reply With Quote